Intervention For Foster Children

My children have been removed by DCF, what are my options? Can I still make a private adoption plan if my child is in Florida Foster Care? My children are in state custody and I’m not going to be able to get them back, what should I do?

Intervention is a private adoption option you may consider.

In Florida, even if children are removed from the care of their parents, as long as parental rights have not been terminated by the court, parents maintain the right to make a private adoption plan with an adoption agency or adoption attorney. This process is referred to as intervention.

Even though your child may have been removed from your custody by the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) and placed into Foster Care, intervention may allow you some control over your child’s situation. If you aren’t able to comply with your Case Plan and regain custody of your children, you can make a loving plan for them. You can still chose your child’s adoptive family and they type of life you would like your child to have. You can have the comfort of knowing your child will not languish in Foster Care, a private placement will allow your child a faster transition from Foster Care into a loving adoptive family.

Contact the Adoption Law Offices of Madonna M. Finney, to learn more about the option of private adoption call (850)577-3077.

A private adoption plan for your child may allow you to:

  • have some control over your child’s future
  • identify and select the family you believe best suited to raise your child
  • ensure your child isn’t stuck in Foster Care but will quickly transition to an adoptive family
  • meet your child’s adoptive family
  • receive counseling services without charge

If you would like to learn more about the option of a private adoption plan for your child in foster care, please call (850)577-3077 or text (850)308-1836.

Adoption.. a loving option

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.